Firelake University Finland is committed to leading the industry in minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimize toxic emissions through the source of its power requirement, and promoting staff and student use of alternative transportation.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its students and suppliers.
- Source and promote materials to minimize the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the university.
The President shall ensure that:
- This policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels in the university
- This policy is available to staff and students
This Policy is subject to annual review
Last reviewed: November 2020
Next review: November 2021
This policy is adapted from the Environmental Protection Act 4.2.2000/86. It can be read at the web site https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokset/2014/en20140527