Terms of Study
The Firelake University Finland (FUF) has certain expectations of its students, just as the students have certain expectations of FUF. Students agree to comply with the correct application procedure (see j.palojarvi policy) and all that it implies and with the following terms and conditions:
- These terms and conditions will form an essential part of any contract between FUF and the student offered a place of study on an FUF Program.
- FUF reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of study. Students should ensure that they check this page before they log on, each time they wish to use the site.
- FUF reserve the right to cancel any unit, specialization course or module offered if the minimum number of students set by the academic board for the particular program is not met. Such cancelled modules will be replaced with another chosen by the majority vote of the enrolled students. This will not affect the student’s ability to study for the general program.
- It is the responsibility of the student to be familiar with all policies, rules and procedures of the university. All such documents are available upon request from the administrative staff of the university, or email@example.com/policies.
- If it is discovered that a false statement has been made or significant information has been omitted from the student application form, FUF may withdraw or terminate the student’s enrolment with the university with no refund.
- In the case of students who require letters or emails issued by the university, then the full fee for the entire program must be paid before the issuing of such a letter or email.
- FUF will provide students with the following letters and no more:
- Confirmation of enrolment on the course,
- Confirmation of results of each semester, on condition that all fees have been paid,
- Final results transcript issued by FUF. All such letters will be sent by email as PDF attachments.
- If an overseas applicant has paid to study part of their course in the UK, then FUF shall also provide the student with a letter confirming their application and requesting the British Embassy to consider granting a six month student visitor’s visa to the applicant.
- FUF will post to the student (using Post Office postal services) their award, certificate, diploma as issued by the awarding body, although no certificates, diploma or degrees will be sent until the full amount for the completed course has been paid to the university.,
- Upon successful course completion FUF will email a written transcript of results to the student. The student will also receive from the Awarding Body a certificate (and a diploma supplement if applicable). FUF will also provide students with a written transcript of results.
- Students will not be allowed to sit any exams unless fee payments are up to date.
- Students opting to solely study online are required to pay half of the tuition fees when applying. This payment must be by bank transfer into FUF’s bank account. Students should not pay any fees to any referrer, representative or agent. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further clarification or information.
- Once paid the fee is non-refundable after enrolment. In order to comply with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, online students will be entitled to a full refund if they notify FUF of their desire to cancel within 7 days of registration and payment. This provision is subject to the student not using the online study platform for more than 60 minutes. Students should read the Cancellation, Refunds and Charge Policy.
- If the online system is not accessed or no student documents arrive 7 days after a fee payment bank transfer has been received by FUF, then the student will be contacted via the email address given. If no documents arrive after 30 days, then a full refund will be made to the bank account that initiated the transfer, less €150 administration fee, under the presumption that the student has withdrawn from the program.
- If for any reason a registration cannot be completed due to no fault of the student, then a full refund will be made.
- All required documents and due student fees should arrive at FUF within 21 days from the beginning of the program.
- Late documents or fees may result in the student being enrolled for the next start date of the program.
- For a student to be eligible for a tuition fees discount for on-time-payments (where applicable), the student must not be more than two weeks late in making any due payment, according to the agreed schedule of payments. If a student is more than two weeks late in making such a payment, then they will need to pay the full undiscounted fees.
- Enrolled students are not entitled for any tuition fee refund, except in rare exceptional circumstances, which will be considered by FUF upon request. A right earnest and appropriate decision will be communicated to the student.
- Students must notify FUF of their decision to withdraw from the course promptly before the commencement of the next semester.
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to inform the university administration of any changes of address, email address, visa status, health problems or any kind of disability.
- The university does not accept responsibility, and expressly excludes liability, for damage to students’ property, physical or intellectual, resulting from, but not limited to, the negligence of its staff, representatives or agents, nor for the consequences of any modification or Cancellation of courses as set out in our website, nor that resulting from the transfer of computer viruses to students’ equipment. Students are advised to ensure the safety of their property against theft and other risks.
- All transactions will be in Euros, with no consideration or compensation for fluctuating exchange rates.
- Students agree that they have access to the equipment necessary to fully participate in the online course, if applicable, as detailed in the system requirements.
- Students agree to participate and engage in the course as much as they can, or at list 85% of the course’s meetings, lectures, activities and study materials.
- Students are expected to fully participate in the courses’ activities and assessments. If FUF becomes aware that a student is not fully participating, then it will endeavor to contact the student to offer assistance that it deems necessary to ensure that the student continues to complete the program.
- Students agree that whenever their ID needs to be verified, in person or online, then they must show their full uncovered face.
- FUF reserves the right to alter previously published program specifications, to cancel or change the content of modules and/or study materials, and to alter dates and locations of lectures. However, FUF will make reasonable efforts to inform students by email in the event that such changes occur.
- Students are to conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful of others at all times. No physical, verbal or written abuse directed at other students, staff or others will be tolerated by FUF. Such behavior may result in immediate termination of the student with no refund.
- Students are to submit all coursework by the deadlines set by their tutors and attend all exams on the given dates and times. If they are unable to meet a deadline or exam time due to no fault of their own, they must submit a request for their extenuating circumstances to be considered before the exam or the deadline, along with any documentary proof. Requests submitted after the deadline cannot be considered, so the student will be deemed to have failed in that aspect of the course’s assessment.
- If a student wishes to defer study of a particular module, they must request from FUF before the start of that module. They will be charged €80 administrative fee for each module that they wish to defer. FUF reserves the right to either grant or deny permission to defer a module.
- Student login details are non-transferable. Students must keep their password secret. Any discovery of a student sharing their password with others may result in the immediate termination of the student’s enrolment, with no refund eing paid.
- Student login details remain valid for the duration of the course until the student’s dissertation has been submitted, for a maximum of two years, or until the course is complete.
- FUF will not be held responsible in the event of any aspect of its service being temporarily unavailable due to no fault of its own.
- Materials provided on the university websites are for the exclusive use of the student to assist their personal studies while they are enrolled with FUF. Students agree to not distribute the contents of the university websites using any distribution medium to any other persons, either while a student of FUF or afterwards.
- Any attempt by a student to gain access to data that the student is not entitled to may result in the immediate termination of the student’s enrolment, with no refund being paid.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Finland and the parties hereto hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Finland.
- FUF reserve the right to suspend the university websites (fuf.fi or terminate this user agreement at any time without notice for any reason, including, in the case of the user agreement, for the violation of any of its provisions.
- While FUF endeavors to ensure that the information on its websites (www.fuf.fi) is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the site or in any corporate brochures.
- Please read the Fair Processing Note at www.fuf.fi/Degree Programs
This Policy is subject to annual review
Last reviewed: December 2020
Next review: November 2021